Friday, January 2, 2009

My little scaredy cat


These days Preston is a little scared of new people and new situations. Me, Ray, and Preston made a trip to the gym today. Thought we should start the year off right, but Preston would not let go of my leg. "Mommy, no play" through the tears made me rethink my idea to work out. This has been my experience lately. Dropping him off at daycare has been the same gut wrenching process. Mrs. Karen says, "We will need to have a quick drop off". Yeah, easy for her to say. It's not her heart breaking into a million pieces. He also is not keen on people, I mean all people we have to come in contact with. At the mall he hid behind the stroller top that folds out. He says, "peeeeeople" and away he goes. At wall mart he hid in a storage bin we bought for Christmas decorations. He wanted nothing to do with Santa this year. "Mommy, no Santa" was the response when we asked. We went on a carriage ride to look at Christmas lights, and when he saw the horses he screamed bloody murder. He ended up having a great time, but I was worried at first. I'm sure this is just a stage, and sometimes it's kind of cute, but sometimes it's hard. I hate to leave him somewhere when he's crying, so for now I will not leave him at the gym play center and I will help him hide from the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment